Job Description - Summary/Objective:
Sell and serve food and beverage in a professional and friendly manner. This position plays a major role in a guest's dining experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience which is achieved by always following standards and providing attentive service and welcoming atmosphere. A server must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A server should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Serve guests per section as determined by management.
- Set up and close down dining room
- Set up and close down server stations including brewing coffee, tea, preparing garnishes, stocking all supplies, stocking ice bins, etc.
- Have complete knowledge of unit food and beverage preparation, garnishes, and service.
- Ability to up-sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use POS to ring orders on a check.
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change without shortages/overages
- Maintain specific Side Work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Ability to clear and reset tables and perform assigned side-work duties.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age or do not possess proper/valid identification.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count the number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive they should notify the manager on duty immediately.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Follow and complete all Opening and Closing checklists
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills and ability to Multi-Task.
- Team Player Attitude
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen and speak effectively. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 35 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a server.
- Basic knowledge of restaurant service.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Must provide a second form of identification such as Social Security Card, Passport of Birth Certificate
- Must have bank account for direct deposit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.