Job Description - Summary/Objective:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Line Cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares food using established production procedures, system, and recipes
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to the supervisor.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Preps food and stocks food throughout the shift and as needed
- Maintains daily production records and line checks as needed
- Keeps the work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before and throughout service.
- Sets line up for daily operations, maintain cleanliness throughout the shift, and help close the line down at the end of the shift.
- Keeps floors cleaned and helps empty garbage cans.
- Complete Opening and Closing duties
- Complete Side-work
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Team Player Attitude
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, grill, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- Prior experience in a related food service position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of kitchen related experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 or older.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Must provide a second form of identification such as Social Security Card, Passport of Birth Certificate
- Must have bank account for direct deposit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.