Host / Hostess
Job Description - Summary/Objective:
Our Hosts/Hostesses are the first employees to make an impression on our guests! This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door, thanking them as they depart, and assisting guests with questions/requests. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner. Collects cover charge and sell retail merchandise when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, and informs them of specials when applicable.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Takes names on a Wait list or via Opentable.
- Runs the floor plan board and rotates guests in server sections.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at the host
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Confirm reservations
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shifts.
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
- Assistant servers when needed and helps to keep tables clean.
- Help roll silverware and run food when needed
- Collect Cover Charge when applicable
- Organize, stock and sell Retail merchandise.
- Report to work on time in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Complete Opening and Closing duties
- Complete Side Work
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Team Player Attitude
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, wet floors, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen and speak effectively. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 35 pounds. Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on unit procedures. Must be able to visually scan restaurants for clean, unoccupied tables.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work including holidays.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must provide valid identification in order to complete I9 E-Verification
- Must provide a second form of identification such as Social Security Card, Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Must have a bank account for direct deposit.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.